Originally located in Manhattan, NY, Albert's Confectionery was started by Robert Lawrence Albert in 1916 as a gourmet food and European specialty product importer. As the company grew, it expanded its reach into confectionery. In the 1930’s, Robert’s son, Sidney joined the business, and imports of confectionery from Europe continued to grow. The company was renamed R.L. Albert & Son, Inc. As Alberts approaches its 100th year, it continues to search the world for quality and value in the confections that they bring to the American consuming public.